Consider this episode a pep talk for the holidays. In this solo round, I start by helping you eliminate excuses for getting off track this time of year. In the second half, I’ll give you five concrete strategies for winning the next month, complete with tips + tricks that are applicable all year long.
This one is quick and to the point, and packed with ways to make you successful this December.
Resources/links mentioned in this episode:
- Will Smith video where he talks about building a wall brick by brick
- Girl, Let’s Goal event tickets + details here, enter promo code PODCAST for a discount
Five tips for staying on track this holiday season:
- Pre-eat; eat something nutritious before you go to events, out to run errands or go holiday shopping, etc.
- Plan ahead by bringing snacks with you when you’re out and about, looking up restaurant menus in advance, being prepared when you travel, being intentional with your alcohol consumption.
- Nail the basics like veggie intake, water consumption, sunlight exposure, consistent exercise, quality sleep, and so forth; click here for a blog post that expands more on crushing these habits.
- Manage sugar cravings - click here for strategies.
- Reduce stress levels through:
- Seeking professional counseling
- Using small budgeting tips
- Regular habits such as meditation (Headspace is the app I use*)
- Reading (Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday are a couple of my favorites)
- Yoga (Livin in Flow instructional videos are free on YouTube, and the founders were on episode number #10)
- Exercise, journaling, and social experiences.
* I have no affiliation with Headspace and don’t receive compensation for the recommendation, I’m really just a fan. :)
If you love this episode, please leave a review for the show on iTunes! Spread the love by sending this podcast to a friend, and don't forget to post a screenshot on Instagram stories of you listening. Make sure you tag me @heypreslie so I can thank you! Have a topic suggestion for the podcast, or a question for me from this episode? Drop me a line here.
This episode is brought to you by the unique, sustainable and personal approach to reaching your goals: Hey Preslie Nutrition. Signing up for one-on-one coaching is quick and simple, and you'll be on your way to a healthier, happier you.